Saturday, March 21, 2009

Kim

My oldest, Kim, is a really cool kid. She's moving out in ways I didn't expect- like BASKETBALL! She's really taken to the game and is an aggressive player. Who knew? I was a big basketball fan as a kid- my dad used to take me to Indiana University games when Bobbie Knight was coach (I still have signed programs among my souvenirs). I never played- we didn't have girl's basketball when I was in school and I flunked cheerleading by incurring injuries before try-outs (a broken arm in 5th grade and a split knee that needed stitches in Jr. high- after that I became a yearbook photographer and still got to go to the games). She plays at school and has been taking a class at the YMCA - one of our luxuries. She'll be in the Spring league at the Y starting in April. And we have a great friend who is happy to come get Kim and shoot baskets with her.

And she's in a play at school- Macbeth with a Twist. Her director is really proud of the way she's come out of her shell and just owns the part. They have been doing rehearsals for weeks and the big show is next week. They have a few day shows for the school kids and one evening show- they've been doing make up, sets and costumes- it's quite the production. I volunteer at school on Wednesday so will get the preview when they do the show for the little kids. We're inviting friends for the evening show.

No comments:

Post a Comment