Saturday, May 8, 2010

Disney Day

Well - we went!  Took our free vouchers and fought California freeway traffic down to Disneyland and made a day of it.  Our friend Nickie joined us (nice to have another adult along) and everyone had a good time.  Eli didn't disapear behind scenes and pull any plugs, Alia kept her temper, I survived walking around the park for 8 hours and we all shrieked as we plunged down Splash Mountain. 

Here we are just before the big drop! Alia is wearing my jacket over her head in an attempt to keep dry.
Eli enjoyed Autotopia (he steered, I pushed on the gas pedal which he couldn't reach).


 
I think we managed 13 rides (if you count going on Astro Blasters twice) and avoided spending too much money on souveniers!  I would have spent more if I could have found a Grumpy sweatshirt to replace my old one :-)

It was a fun time and I hope will be a happy memory for the kids.

3 comments:

  1. Question Chantal? We did this too and reading the info for the voucher it says to bring ID for kids, i.e., a birth certificate or a passport - is this really required? We're going at the end of May (provided I don't have to update passports!)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's really required but you can use an expired passport. I didn't have a passport for Eli so I used his adoption certificate (his chinese passport didn't have his American name).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Passports I have (albeit one is expired), thanks for the tip.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete