Monday, May 18, 2009

What's New?

I can't believe that school is almost over! And I haven't yet figured out what to do with the kids for the summer! Summer camp for 4 kids runs between $4,500 and $6,000 around here. Being under employed makes it harder in some ways since the camps tend to be all-day and I need care in the mornings but not afternoon. Well, we'll worry about that next month!

Next year Kim and Corey will return to the Open Classroom in grades 7 and 4 respectively. Alia and Eli will move to the traditional classrooms at Blanche Reynolds- Alia will move on to 1st grade and Eli will repeat Kindergarten. I think both of them will do better in that more structured environment. Eli because he needs the discipline and Alia because she's more comfortable with a set routine.

Kim has gotten a spot in the Wildcats basketball league- she's on the Pumas team. This is much more serious than the YMCA spring league with twice weekly practices and weekly games. Check out the Wildcats at: http://www.venturawildcats.com/taxonomy_menu/5 - they have a great website and as the season progresses you'll be able to see Kim's progress as well.

I've started taking some classes at night when I can fit them in around Kim's practices- trying to retool for another career, or rather an additional job at least.

We will likely be moving in the next month or so and I'm spending some of my extra time sorting through things and getting ready for a yard sale or two. The first one will be this weekend.

We will also likely be leaving our church- something I'm very sad about. Our beloved pastor has been transferred and we are no longer comfortable with the church leadership, their methods and agenda. It doesn't surprise me but it saddens me that even church is so political. Where we end up might be tied to where we end up living.

No comments:

Post a Comment